Thursday, June 26, 2008

Raw Feed--Almost There


Almost 11:00. The first of (hopefully) a few raw unedited feeds from the work shop.

Everything is set.

Food. Heatpads for neck, back, wrists. 
2 saws, one for standing, and one for sitting. I'll hop back and forth, both to mix up the monotony, as well as give the machine a break. I don't know if my warranty covers 24 hours straight of operation...
9 gross of blades (1,296 blades total) I normally use about 12 blades for each stack of 20.
1,000 pieces, stickered, drilled, and ready to go in stacks of 20.
24, hour long video tapes, with a camera in the corner to record the entire event.
And last but not least, the custom type for the event. (Which I am going to randomly give out to someone who picks up an ITSOK during the cutathon).

Alright, that's all for now, I'm going to do a few stretches, drink a cup of coffee, and put on my safety goggles. 

2 comments:

nycdesigner said...

Wood up!

I’m excited here in NYC for you! As the proud owner of 999 and 1111, made especially special because of you and your team, I want to thank you once again. Becoming part of community art projects is a great way to share history with others you don’t know. Artists like you make it affordable for nearly anyone to participate!

Peace,
Jeff

dave&holly said...

WE are so excited here in Indy.
Have fun.. think of this as getting ready for labor.. :) Mine lasted 32 hours.
you have to be a bit crazy to do this.. but that is why we like you.
d&h