Tuesday, June 24, 2008

24 Hours Explanation

So...as you've heard, I'll be cutting out ITSOK's for 24 hours straight. I'll be taking a ten minute break before each hour to massage my wrists, and put heat pads on my shoulders & neck. It will also give me a few minutes to post text and (hopefully) images of the progress. A few people have told me that equals 4 hours of breaks, so in reality it's only a 20 hour Cut-A-Thon. I welcome those people to stop by in person around hour 18 or 19. I should be quite tired enough by then to give them a piece of my mind.

 To clear a few things up, I am only going to be cutting the letters on the scroll saw. The prep work before is done, and the prep work after will be completed after the fact. In time trials, I have been able to cut 40 in 72 minutes. However, to keep that 'sprint' pace for a marathon, I don't think is possible. I imagine it will be a quite physically draining process, but I'm up for the challenge. Plus, many friends have said they are going to stop by to cheer me on. I've asked that they quietly do so, as not to startle me, and cut a finger off.
As a standard practice, each piece will be numbered on the back, as part of the edition of 1 million. I will also be signing & numbering each card, as a part of the 24 hour event. I don't have a clear number on how many I will be able to cut out, only time will tell...
Also, as a little added surprise, for anyone who picks up an ITSOK during the 24 Hour Cut-A-Thon, I will randomly draw one person's name out, and send them this custom bamboo type of the event. 

No comments: